Apr 10, 2017

Baby Squirrels...

 
Last Week
in my garden post...
 
I shared a couple photos of the baby squirrel box
outside my kitchen window...
 

I thought I would share some more photos
of the weekend...
 
I think they are so adorable...
 

 
Saturday this happened...
 

 
and,
I wondered if mom knew
what was happening
when she wasn't around...
 


 
later that day,
when she came by the nest...
 
I learned she had not known
 
as she left
the babies watched...
 


 
then they started to follow...
 
I hoped this was going be a day of climbing lessons...
 
but,
no... mom promptly went back inside,
and began moving the babies to a safer place...
 

 
now the box is empty...
I am always so sad so see them go...
 
but she will be back in a month
or so to do it all again!
 
Have A Beautiful Day....

10 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I think baby squirrels are just the cutest little things. My son used to sit out and they would come right up and eat out of his hand- mom and babies! It will be fun to see some more new babies soon! xo Diana

Deb said...

Beautiful photos. What a treat to watch them grow.

LV said...

I have had plenty but their are not cute,little ones. Big and destructive. Great presentation.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

So precious! She is a good squirrel Mom :) Glad you took the photos while they were still there! xx K

http://deezie-sunshinedeezines.blogspot.com/ said...

Good Morning
Those baby squirrels are precious* love them. We have babies also but haven't seen too much of them. Bella, I just received my Rose bush I won, thank you so much. It was huge when it arrived. Have a great day Bella
deezie

Wende Kirckhoff said...

Hi...they are so sweet..I have squirrels all over my place..an yrs ago I came home to find one laying in my driveway..I didn't know what it was at first..he was just a tiny thing..I grabbed him up an called a friend to help me..while I waited for him I seen a squirrel going across the power line..and it looked really strange..it stopped for a minute an I seen it was carrying a baby..so I watched where she went an we took the baby to the tree she went up..we put it on the tree..and it didn't know what to do..we tapped his hiney an he got the idea an went up..then I hoped his mom found him on her next trip.

Rose L said...

I had baby squirrels a few times in my yard and they would come and take nuts from my hand.

Alessandra said...

Those baby sqirrels are such precious and adorable
Hugs Alessandra

Joëlle QUELENN said...

Oh i would have loved . to see more pictures on your IG.. I hope you will see them soon.
Xoxo from Paris

Tant Otteskrufv said...

Alldeles underbara!