Apr 5, 2017

Come As You Are...

 
today,
I am going to take you along..
 
to
somewhere different...
 

 
this is the last home of Kurt Cobain
he died 23 years ago today...
 



 
I go each year to this park by his old home
 
where fans gather in sorrow,
for a the loss of a sensitive man...
 


 
I chatted for awhile
with this nice man...
 
who was burning incense...
 
it was quiet...
 
he was Seattle's son...
the Elvis of my generation...
 
I vividly remember
the night he took his life,
I was crying my friends were crying,
everyone was silent upon the news...
 





 
 
these words were left by a fan
at his memorial park in Aberdeen, WA...
 
I couldn't have said it better myself...
 

 
The sun is gone, but I have a light.
kurt cobain
 
 
Thank you for coming along today...

2 comments:

Alessandra said...

Wonderful home and fairy park. Thanks for sharing
Hugs Alessandra

NanaDiana said...

I remember the shock waves surrounding his death. So sad that he was such a tortured soul and left all that talent untapped-all that music that died with him.

I have felt that way when several of those 'old' singers died...many of them that I saw in person....John Denver, Mama Cass, Jim Croche, John Lennon, so so many others...You wonder what their lives would have been like and how many more songs they had in them.

Great post, Bella. Have a good weekend- xo Diana