Apr 7, 2017

Early April in the Garden...

Ah...
Its early Spring
and the garden is popping into shape...
 
Come along,
I'll show you what is happening...
 
 
pretty patches
of blue Grape Hyacinths
dot the garden...
 


 
I imagine,
my little statue
is playing a sweet song of joy...
 
 
hyacinths...
perfume the garden...
 
the smell of Spring...
 

 
the Camellia in full bloom...
 
they had a hard year,
the unusual heavy deep snow
broke many branches...
 

still,
they are feeling pretty...
 

 
this is my mystery plant...
 
I bought a couple at a plant sales years ago,
they are starting to self propagate
around the garden...
 
flowers like a Candytuft,
leaves like a violet!
 
can anyone solve my mystery?
 

 
the Thundercloud Plum
 in bloom...
 
 
I wanted an impressive long shot of the trees...
 
but in typical Spring fashion
the wind kicked up...
 
 


 
the Peonies are emerging...
 


as are this years
 first batch of baby squirrels!
 

 
I saw the mother go into the squirrel box
outside my kitchen window
during the big snow day...
 
I thought she was looking for shelter,
but she had other plans!
 
this year there are four babies,
and this year she didn't move them
when they start to crawl around
as she usually does...
 
these little guys
 made their first trip out of the nest box last night!
so cute!!!
  I am going to be snapping lots of photos of their first days,
I'll share these next week...
 
It is also Daffodil Parade Weekend here,
they line up right in front of my house!
so I'll share photos of that next week too...
 
Have an Awesome Weekend!
 
 
Thank you for stopping by today...

13 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I know you must take it somewhat for granted by now, but I can only imagine the kind of joy a garden like yours brings. Such a delight to see beauty springing up everywhere! Adorable shots of the squirrels too!

Bernideen said...

I love love love it all!

Louca por porcelana said...

I am delighted with your photos ! A fabulous garden !Gorgeous flowers!Everything's perfect !Hugs,Maristella.

janice15 said...

I always enjoy your photos. How fun to see the squirrel babies grow. I wonder what made her not move them this time.. isn't spring wonderful.. Have a wonderful weekend my dear with love Janice

The Charm of Home said...

Just beautiful Bella.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Your garden is always so magical, Bella, and early spring is no exception! Love your little squirrel baby :) xx K

http://deezie-sunshinedeezines.blogspot.com/ said...

Good Morning Bella
Your pictures are beautiful, you are lucky to have so many pretty flowers already. We are still pretty chilly here. We have our first family of squirrels this year in a bird house in our yard. How fun. Can't wait to see your pictures of them
enjoy this gorgeous weekend
deezie

Joni Poole said...

I love the mystery flower, if you ever figure out what it is I would love to know.

Jonipoole@me.com

Alessandra said...

Your garden is a fairyland. The squirrel box is so sweet!!!
Hugs Alessandra

Sarah said...

Bella, I agree with Jacqueline. Your garden must bring great joy, especially after a long, snowy winter. I'd love to grow the grape hyacinths, but have not had any luck. I will try again! Hyacinths continue to come back, but never as big and full as the first year. It must be heavenly to walk your garden.
Happy Weekend!

Rose L said...

Isn't it wonderful to see spring start bursting forth! I have loved the dabs of color coming up in my gardens. In my old home we had young squirrels which would come and take peanuts from my hand!

NanaDiana said...

Oh-Everything is just so very, very gorgeous, Bella. i just love to see your gardens and the magic you have worked there. Hope you have a great upcoming week. xo Diana

Faith Troyer said...

Such beauty! I think your mystery plant may be honesty-aka money plant. I have some about, it's a self seeding biennial. The seed heads are pretty if you remove the husk