Apr 12, 2017

Happiness is a Day at the Beach...

A day at the beach is
like no other...
 
 
I haven't been to the proper shore in a couple years,
here we have a lot of ocean waters near by...
 
the Puget sound...
 
but it lacks
openness,
vastness,
it is calm
it does not roar...
 
I really needed to roar...
 

 I want to be wild,
beautiful
and free...
just like the sea....
 


 
sea grass trails
line the hillsides and cliffs...
 



 
fly silly sea bird,
no dream can possess you,
no voice can blame you
for the sun on your wings
joni mitchell
 
 
a lone surfer
braved the choppy receding tide...
 
learning to surf this summer
 tops my personal bucket list....
 

 
frilling foam
lapping at my boots...
 
 
Jonathon stood alone...

contemplating
 
 
 
sand dollars are a common find
on Washington beaches...
 
 
although often
a sea bird has found them first...
 

 
“For her the ocean was more than a dream,
 it was a place she needed to visit
to find herself.
And when she returned to the city,
you could see the sun in her eyes,
the wind in her hair,
and taste the infinite salt in her lips.”
jose chaves
 
 
Did you feel your toes in the sand?
wasn't it divine?
don't forget to dust off your toes before leaving your keyboard...

5 comments:

Seawashed said...

Your beach looks very similar to ours in Northern California. I have so many sand dollars from our walks. Though I understand that ours beaches are warmer even in the grey fog because it is still rather than windy. You know how much I love the sea...I belong to it.

Rose L said...

Always nice to escape and be free for a while.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

A wonderful day by the sea - such beautiful photos! The sea does call out to me, too, at times. Love the sweet poetry. xx Karen

Alessandra said...

This is a such beautiful, peaceful and soothing place. This beach is stunning. Happy Easter dear romantic friend
Hugs Alessandra

Our Hopeful Home said...

I grew up on the east coast and the New Jersey shore was one of my favorite places to be. I have many happy memories of vacationing there as a child with my family. So I love it too! xo Kathleen | Our Hopeful Home